- Bid Writing Boot Camp
June 24, 2020 - June 25, 2020
11:00 am - 4:00 pm
We have converted this two-day event to an online learning experience. It will appeal to people with experience of grantseeking and a desire to embrace new ideas and reach the highest standards in proposal writing. It will be an intense experience which will fast-forward your abilities to master complex funding proposals. We will now be running four two-hour webinars.
The first two will be on 24th June, from 11am to 1pm, then from 2pm to 4pm. They will cover:
- Developing a portable and adaptable concept note that can be used for all donors.
- Engaging and managing the bid development team.
The second two webinars will be at the same time on the following day, 25th June. They will cover:
- Persuasive writing techniques. These will be broken into two sessions on that day.
In addition to the webinars, you will be assigned an experienced tutor/mentor from our team, who will help you with the implementation of a relevant work arising from the Boot Camp – such as a new funding proposal.
As a result of attending, participants will be able to:
- Decide whether to pursue a request for proposals.
- Understand the complex terminology within funding calls.
- Use at least three management techniques to engage co-ordinate colleagues in the bid development process – becoming a credible internal project manager.
- Describe their work in an attractive manner by using less than 140 words.
- Use a logical format for writing a concept note.
- Use a technique to convey the same meaning with fewer words.
- Use two techniques for writing with impact.
- Follow Joseph Pulitzer and George Orwell’s rules on persuasive writing.
Venue: Online via Zoom