- Session Two: Fine Margins. Stewardship or Luck?
November 17, 2020
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
A series of events that will challenge our most cherished fundraising ideas
In June 2020, we launched a series of online lectures that will change your thinking about some of our beautiful fundraising theories. In each presentation the facts will be lined up before the established wisdom. If our theories lose, we will explore new thinking based upon the evidence.
Session Two: Fine Margins. Is it stewardship or luck that leads to increased funding?
In this second session of the Brutal Facts series, we will be pouring over 1461 data entries for annual grantmaking by 100 UK trusts from 2004 to 2019. From analysing the patterns within the £5 billion+ of grants, we hope to answer the following questions:
- How often do Trusts go on spending sprees?
- What types of Trusts are more more likely to dramatically change their giving?
- How can we anticipate these opportunities and be prepared for them?
- Which types of organisation tend to get these increased grants?
- If they increase their giving to you, what next?
The second session in this Brutal Facts series will take place as another interactive online lecture from 4-5.30pm on Tuesday 17th November 2020
The online lecture and discussion will cost £45.
Venue: Online via Zoom