We have converted this two-day event to an online learning experience. It will appeal to people with experience of grantseeking and a desire to embrace new ideas and reach the highest standards in proposal writing. It will be an intense experience which will fast-forward your abilities to master complex funding proposals. We will now be running four two-hour webinars.
The first two will be on 24th June, from 11am to 1pm, then from 2pm to 4pm. They will cover:
- Developing a portable and adaptable concept note that can be used for all donors.
- Engaging and managing the bid development team.
The second two webinars will be at the same time on the following day, 25th June. They will cover:
- Persuasive writing techniques. These will be broken into two sessions on that day.
In addition to the webinars, you will be assigned an experienced tutor/mentor from our team, who will help you with the implementation of a relevant work arising from the Boot Camp – such as a new funding proposal.
- Cost: £420 including VAT
In over 30 years of experience of developing winning major funding proposals, we have learnt that there are two essential ingredients:
- Bringing together potentially divergent teams and forging them into a cohesive bid writing unit
- A writing style that grabs the attention and communications clearly and persuasively.
This two-day event will appeal to people with experience of grantseeking and a desire to embrace new ideas and reach the highest standards in proposal writing. As part of the course you will be able to work on your own bids – improve them with the latest techniques and reach the highest standards demanded by the most sophisticated funders. This will be a rare chance to learn and put into practice in the same event.
We will also concentrate on how to manage the complex inter-departmental teams required to produce proposals for large funders such as the National Lottery Boards, major foundations and government departments. The first day will concentrate on the logistics of a successful bid; the second day will be full of effective writing techniques.
The main tutor will be Bill Bruty, a highly experienced fundraiser and Fellow of the Institute of Fundraising.
This course is suitable for anyone who has to grapple with several complex proposals as an essential element of their job – you needn’t be a professional fundraiser. We will cover how to squeeze your complex project into a succinct enquiry email, how to produce a robust and eye-catching concept note and then how to address the most complex questions posed by funders. We will also work on techniques to compress your writing into limited word counts – without losing meaning. Finally, we will impart two techniques to make your writing memorable.
As a result of attending, participants will be able to:
- Decide whether to pursue a request for proposals.
- Understand the complex terminology within funding calls.
- Use at least three management techniques to engage co-ordinate colleagues in the bid development process – becoming a credible internal project manager.
- Describe their work in an attractive manner by using less than 140 words.
- Use a logical format for writing a concept note.
- Use a technique to convey the same meaning with fewer words.
- Use two techniques for writing with impact.
- Follow Joseph Pulitzer, Graham Greene and George Orwell’s rules on persuasive writing.
The Event is on Zoom