We have converted the content of our highly successful Boot Camp into a blended learning programme of online workshops and a personal mentor.
This event will run from 21st October to 12th November 2020 and includes five online workshops:
In addition to attending these interactive sessions, you will be linked up with an experienced mentor who will guide you in an assignment for putting your learning into your day-to-day practice in bid writing.
In over 30 years of experience of developing winning major funding proposals, we have learnt that there are two essential ingredients:
- Bringing together potentially divergent teams and forging them into a cohesive bid writing unit
- A writing style that grabs the attention and communications clearly and persuasively.
This blended learning programme will appeal to people with experience of grantseeking and a desire to embrace new ideas and reach the highest standards in proposal writing. As part of the course you will be able to work on your own bids – improve them with the latest techniques and reach the highest standards demanded by the most sophisticated funders. This will be an excellent opportunity to learn and put into practice within a single programme.
We will also concentrate on how to manage the complex inter-departmental teams required to produce proposals for large funders, such as the National Lottery Boards, major foundations and government departments. The first day will concentrate on the logistics of a successful bid; the second day will be full of effective writing techniques.
The main tutor will be Bill Bruty, a highly experienced fundraiser and Fellow of the Institute of Fundraising. Bill will be accompanied by several of the Fundraising Training Ltd team who all bring their unique blend of skills and decades of experience to the workshops.
This course is suitable for anyone who has to grapple with several complex proposals as an essential element of their job – you needn’t be a professional fundraiser. We will cover how to squeeze your complex project into a succinct enquiry email, how to produce a robust and eye-catching concept note and then how to address the most complex questions posed by funders. We will also work on techniques to compress your writing into limited word counts – without losing meaning. Finally, we will impart two techniques to make your writing memorable.
As a result of attending, participants will be able to:
- Decide whether to pursue a request for proposals.
- Understand the complex terminology within funding calls.
- Use at least three management techniques to engage co-ordinate colleagues in the bid development process – becoming a credible internal project manager.
- Describe their work in an attractive manner by using less than 140 words.
- Use a logical format for writing a concept note.
- Use a technique to convey the same meaning with fewer words.
- Use two techniques for writing with impact.
- Follow Joseph Pulitzer, Graham Greene and George Orwell’s rules on persuasive writing.
The Event is via Zoom
- Cost: £420 including VAT