- Date: 11th February 2020
- Cost: £210
This event will enable you to read the hidden realities of funders that are revealed in their audited accounts. Equally, it will equip you to find and explain the issues within your charity’s accounts. You will be much more effective in targeting the right donors, by being able to spot the donors who might be about to transform their giving and you be able to answer those awkward questions before they ask them.
This course is ideal for all grantseekers and we will take you gently through the terminology and the numbers. Interpreting accounts will shift from being a mystery to a powerful fundraising tool. The event is in partnership with our sector’s leading accountancy firm: Moore Kingston Smith, voted Winner for Charity Expertise in the 2018/19 Charity Finance magazine audit survey.
The course aims are:
- To provide participants with an understanding of how to read and interpret the accounts of a funder.
- To explain how using financial information can improve one’s approaches to funders, and improve the internal influence of fundraisers.
- To equip participants to present their budget proposals in a format that is ideal for grantmakers.
- To equip participants to understand the accounts of their own charity and to explain key financial issues.
As a result of attending this course participants will be able to:
- Identify key financial documents published by a trust
- Interpret a profit and loss account of a trust, Balance Sheet and their related documents.
- Design and present a project budget in a format that complies with good accounting practice.
- Describe the key issues within their own charity’s accounts and set about finding answers.
- Establish better internal credibility by improved understanding of financial terms.
- Full details of our Financial Skills for Fundraisers February 2020 (PDF)