Element 3 of the Skilled Grantseeker Programme
- 13th November 2018
- 19th June 2019
- 13th November 2019
Tutor: Bill Bruty
This course is suitable for people who have to represent and negotiate on behalf of their organisation in order to secure funding. This course will be of value to people who are facing this challenge for the first time, it will also raise the capacity of experienced negotiators as we will underpin intuitive skills with tried and tested tools and theories. We currently have five places available for the 13th November 2018 event.
As a result of attending, participants will be able to:
- Establish a pipeline management system in order to plan approaches to trusts.
- Establish rapport with prospective funders through the telephone and email.
- Describe the process and key skills required for effective networking.
- Understand and apply two processes for managing a face-to-face negotiation.
- Understand the five options for asking for money and make judgments over when to select the appropriate option.
|09.45||Welcome and introductions.|
|10.00||The four stages in making approaches – a ‘pipeline’ system|
|11.15||The process of networking|
|14.00||Making first contact through telephone and email|
|15.30||Face to face meetings: two blue prints|
|16.45||Review of the day.|
|17.00||Close and Depart.|