Element 3 of the Skilled Grantseeker Programme
- 18th November 2020
- Cost: £210 including VAT
Tutor: Bill Bruty
This course is suitable for people who have to represent and negotiate on behalf of their organisation in order to secure funding. This course will be of value to people who are facing this challenge for the first time, it will also raise the capacity of experienced negotiators as we will underpin intuitive skills with tried and tested tools and theories.
' Thank you for a great session yesterday! I admit I was slightly nervous about the subject matter being an introverted/nerdy trust fundraiser but it was delivered in such a way that I felt at ease fairly quickly. Thank you also for the notes, as a result I plan to deliver a session to my team to share the learning as there is so much we can all benefit from.'
Trusts Coordinator, Spinal Injuries Association
As a result of attending, participants will be able to:
- Establish a pipeline management system in order to plan approaches to trusts.
- Establish rapport with prospective funders through the telephone and email.
- Describe the process and key skills required for effective networking.
- Understand and apply two processes for managing a face-to-face negotiation.
- Understand the five options for asking for money and make judgments over when to select the appropriate option.
|09.45||Welcome and introductions.|
|10.00||The four stages in making approaches - a 'pipeline' system|
|11.15||The process of networking|
|14.00||Making first contact through telephone and email|
|15.30||Face to face meetings: two blue prints|
|16.45||Review of the day.|
|17.00||Close and Depart.|
The Event is at:
10 Bloomsbury Way, London, WC1A, UK