Element 1 of the Skilled Grantseeker programme
- 16th September 2020
- Cost: £210 including VAT
Tutor: Bill Bruty
This course is ideal for new trust fundraisers or people who want to refresh their approach to researching and targeting the right funders. We equip participants to get ‘inside the minds’ of their prospects by mastering the skills of a ‘forensic investigation’ into the audited accounts of charitable trusts.
As a result of attending, participants will be able to:
- Explain the main types of charitable trust and know where their funds are derived from.
- Explain how the origin of a trust will influence its current giving policy.
- Understand the financial context for the trust and realise how this will impact upon their giving.
- Identify the key decision-makers in the trusts that you are approaching.
- Understand the most important information required before making approach.
- Use at least three research tools and know which information can be gained from each one.
|09.45||Welcome and introductions.|
|10.00||How charitable trusts are formed and their motives for giving.|
|11.15||How trusts make funding decisions.|
|14.00||Researching charitable trusts. What to look for and why.|
|15.30||Researching charitable trusts. Mastering the research tools.|
|16.45||Review of the day.|
|17.00||Close and Depart.|
The Event is at:
10 Bloomsbury Way, London, WC1A, UK