Fundraising Training Ltd specialises in de-mystifying the skills of fundraising, especially where grantseeking is a significant part of your fundraising mix. We offer two options: training (through open events or bespoke training programmes) or consultancy (through mentoring and strategic reviews).
The training methods are unique, engaging and sometimes unexpected; however they are all based on the sound fundraising knowledge and experience, of the trainer. Our training will not only equip you with the tools and knowledge to succeed within the field, but will also invigorate your attitude to your work.
“What we got was a sometimes off the wall but also inspirational approach to a fluid, changing and highly competitive world where standing out and being noticeable is as crucial as writing good prose and realistic costings.”
Steve Parkinson, participant on Porticus UK 2012 fundraising training programme
- You want to raise big money, we specialise in the major donors – trusts, companies, government funding and wealthy individuals
- You want to enhance the sound fundamental skills with creative thinking
- You are working for a charity, social enterprise or as a funding advisor
Our aim is to offer a solution that helps charities to lower the costs of fundraising and enables them to constantly renew their knowledge and expertise in fundraising.
We also undertake consultancy assignments. We are proud of our approach, which has developed very different solutions for each client. There is no ‘off the shelf’ package.
“Bill been a consistent source of wisdom for our Trust fundraising team. Two years ago he made a series of clear recommendations following a comprehensive review of our whole operation. He then helped us to grasp the skills to face these challenges and I’m delighted to say that we have brought in more new donors and raised more major gifts than we could have ever expected beforehand.”
Katie Cotton, Head of Major Giving Team, Sightsavers
We tend to specialise in three types of client:
- Large and medium sized charities with specialist trust, corporate, major gift and statutory fundraisers.
- Medium sized and small charities where grant seeking is substantial element in the funding mix.
- Second tier agencies supporting the fundraising of community groups.
Our most popular services are:
- Undertaking comprehensive strategic reviews which can inform the development of fundraising strategies, through exploring different fundraising options; measuring their appropriation and risk; producing new financial models. Our key product is a systematic review of trust and major gift fundraising operations.
- Mentoring a fundraiser or fundraising manager to help them to implement their fundraising strategy.